A large part of the Kansas state economy has historically been driven by the livestock industry. As a result, the state has always consisted of cattle farms, chicken coops, packing plants, and big, expansive ranches.
The state with the third-largest number of cattle on farms and feed yards, Kansas is also crucial to the beef industry.
Here we take a look at the best cattle farms in the state.
Best Places with Cattle For Sale in Kansas
|S.No||Name of the cattle farm||Location||Phone number||Website URL/Facebook page|
|1||Kansas Cattle company||Mulvane, KS||(316) 641-8256||kscattlecompany.com|
|2||Wilson Livestock||Edgerton, KS||(913) 238-9596||wilsonlivestock.com|
|3||Hickory creek cattle farm||El Dorado, KS||(316) 323-9131||hickorycreekfarmdexters.com|
|4||Dream on cattle company||Coffeyville, KS||(620) 515-1368||dreamoncattle.com|
|5||3D farm and ranch||Burrton, KS||(620) 960-5953||3d-farm-and-ranch.business.site|
|6||McCurry Angus ranch||Burrton, KS||(620) 727-5197||mccurryangus.com|
|7||Thach family farms||Burrton, KS||(620) 463-3926||thachfamilyfarms.com|
|8||Prill land and cattle||Wichita, KS||(316) 734-2558/(316) 734-6615||prilllandandcattle.com|
|9||River Creek farms||Manhattan, KS||(785) 458-9494/(785) 456-9650||Rivercreekfarms.com|
Kansas Cattle company
The Kansas Cattle Company, based in Mulvane, Kansas, is dedicated to breeding and marketing premium Angus cows. Every January, through a private agreement, these cows are made available for purchase to clients. Additionally, this farm boasts some of the top calving bulls that can meet the requirements of any herd of cattle.
- Cattle for sale: Premium Angus cows
- Website: kscattlecompany.com
- Contact: (316) 641-8256
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 1345 E 130th Avenue, N. Mulvane, KS 67110
A family-run cattle farm, the Shipman Cattle Company, raises Angus cattle and Berkshire pigs along with Suffolk sheep. This farm, which is based in Edgerton, Kansas, was founded in 1980 and is now one of Kansas City’s top sources of livestock sales and management.
- Cattle for sale: Angus cattle along with Berkshire pigs and Suffolk sheep
- Website: wilsonlivestock.com
- Contact: (913) 238-9596
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 16240 Edgerton Rd, Edgerton, KS 66021
Hickory creek cattle farm
Southeast Kansas’s El Dorado is home to the Hickory Creek Cattle Farm, which raises cattle. Dexter cattle, along with poultry and KuneKune pigs, are the primary livestock raised on this farm. This farm has a fantastic cattle management program, whereby all arriving cattle are weaned and tested for Bovine Viral Diarrhea (BVD), Bovine Leukosis Virus (BLV), etc. before joining their herd.
- Cattle for sale: Premium Dexter cattle along with poultry and KuneKune pigs
- Website: hickorycreekfarmdexters.com
- Contact: (316) 323-9131
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 2654 SE 40th St, El Dorado, KS 67042
Dream on cattle company
The Dream on Cattle Company breeds high-quality cattle with excellent herd health. This ranch has several cattle breeds, including the domesticated Maine-Anjou and Shorthorn, Chi, Simmental, and Angus. Though they have some exceptional sires, they also use artificial insemination to produce heifers and steers that meet the requirements and standards of the livestock sector.
- Cattle for sale: Domesticated Maine-Anjou cattle as well as Shorthorn, Chi, Simmental, and Angus cattle
- Website: dreamoncattle.com
- Contact: (620) 515-1368
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 1434 5300 Rd, Coffeyville, KS 67337
3D farm and ranch
The 3D farm and ranch, a cattle farm in Burrton, Kansas, offers various agricultural services, from cattle breeding to hay delivery. In particular, this ranch raises steers, heifers, and bulls while providing its clients, with custom-made haystacks.
- Cattle for sale: Steers, Heifers, Bulls and custom-made haystacks
- Website: 3d-farm-and-ranch.business.site
- Contact: (620) 960-5953
- Email: N/A
- Address: W 1st St, Burrton, KS 67020
McCurry Angus Ranch
The McCurry Angus Ranch, based in Hutchinson, Kansas, is a fifth-generation family-owned cattle enterprise specializing in producing bulls for industrial ranchers. They also provide show heifers for sale online and through personal agreements. The owners of this ranch, which runs on about 2000 acres of sandhill pastures, ensure that the farm’s everyday operations are environmentally benign.
- Cattle for sale: Premium Angus cows and bulls for industrial ranchers
- Website: mccurryangus.com
- Contact: (620) 727-5197
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 11913 Illinois Avenue – Burrton, Kansas 67020
Thach family farms
The Thach family farms are a collection of 78 acres of woodlands and pasture that was founded in 2021 near Burrton, Kansas. The owners and operators of this farm focus on selling various farm products using ecologically friendly, sustainable methods in addition to selling livestock. Another intriguing detail is that the Hutchinson Water Sports Club developed Paradise Lake, a 30-acre body of water on the Thach Farms’ property.
- Cattle for sale: All kinds of livestock along with other farm-related products are sold here
- Website: thachfamilyfarms.com
- Contact: (620) 463-3926
- Email: N/A
- Address: 3706 S Wheat State Rd, Burrton, KS 67020, United States
Prill land and cattle
Selling show heifers, steers, embryos, and flushes of various sorts is the primary agricultural service provided by the Prill land and cattle ranches. Although Angus and Maine-Anjou cattle are the top sellers, exceptional cattle from other breeds are also offered. On request, the farm also provides cattle dogs and show pigs to its customers in addition to selling livestock.
- Cattle for sale: Angus and Maine-Anjou cattle along with other breeds
- Website: prilllandandcattle.com
- Contact: (316) 734-2558 and (316) 734-6615
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 15001 E 21st St N, Wichita, KS 67230, United States
River Creek Farms
The Mertz families are the owners and operators of River Creek Farms, a multifaceted family business. Beginning in the early 1970s, this farm is involved in breeding purebred Simmental cattle. In addition to concentrating on commercially significant qualities like calving ease, growth, and carcass value, the owners also have constantly focused on producing cattle that will thrive in every environment.
- Cattle for sale: Purebred Simmental and SimAngus cattle
- Website: rivercreekfarms.com
- Contact: (785) 458-9494 and (785) 456-9650
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 7160 Zeandale Rd, Manhattan, KS 66502
Is Kansas good for cattle farming?
Some factors that make Kansas the best place for cattle farming include
- Kansas has a semi-arid environment ideal for cattle farming throughout the year, among other things, making it the most conducive state for raising cattle.
- The conversion of around 14.9 million acres of idle land into pastureland enables livestock to eat premium, protein-rich grasses and plants all day.
- Farmers have been given adaptable water recycling and preservation equipment so they may manage their water resources and maintain their animals at the same time.
- Farmers have an advantage in the market thanks to the availability of appropriate training on animal care, handling, and production techniques.
Additional Information On Buying Cattle In Texas
- If you’re having trouble finding cattle for sale with any of these farms or ranches? Perhaps expand your search. Check in: Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas.
- Breeding cattle in Texas and looking to make a sale? Contact us here.
Our mission is to help bring people closer to livestock and other farmyard animals. Mutually benefiting all species!
Interested In Buying Cattle In Texas?
Looking after cattle, if you’re new to it, can seem a little scary. To help you get started we’ve put together lots of useful tips and how-tos.
We cover things like nutrition, general care, common questions, and a lot more!
Check out our cattle guides here and level up your knowledge.